James S Ferrier6324 Zumirez Drive Malibu, CA 90265 +1 310 926 3026 (mobile) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I help companies achieve increased productivity through enlightened employee relations and counseling, effective communication, professional recruiting practices and enhanced employee retention strategies. I have special expertise and experience in the areas ofmarketing, communications and recruiting management. I excel in multicultural environments and I am recognized as a strong verbal and written communicator.
Morton Bay Consultancy, LLC 2005 – Present An independentconsultancy dedicated to improving client performance inbusiness operations, especially in the areas of executive recruitment,employee relations,marketing, communications and business development. Contract assignments include:
- Edward W Kelley & Partners (ewkp.net) 2015 -Present
- Conducted an intensive study and audit of one of the largest private healthcare systems in the Middle East. Provided a comprehensive performance improvement plan currently under deployment, which will save the organization US $3.5 million a year in turnover cost while improving patient satisfaction and employee engagement scores.
- Sourced and placed an American senior executive as CEO of a large, private hospital in Jeddah, KSA
- Abu Dhabi Health Services Company PJSC (SEHA) (seha.ae) 2007 – 2014
- Completely overhauled physician recruiting and centralized the sourcing and management of the function to improve productivity and quality of the sourcing and hiring of health system physicians using an RPO model.
- I created the brand identity of the in-house recruitment organization and created a sourcing microsite and applicant tracking system that generated more than 600 inquiries and 140 candidates in two months vs. 160 in a year. See seha-physicians.com
- Contracted Consultant to the Health Authority – Abu Dhabi (HA-AD) the healthcare regulator of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Seconded to a new start-up hospital management company in the United Arab Emirates called Abu Dhabi Health Services Company PJSC (SEHA) to establish the Marketing and Communications function, develop the brand and identity program, and establish a marketing and communications plan for the health system.
- With only a small budget and one trainee, developed the corporate brand identity, logo, slogans, communication plan and marketing plan, all under budget and on time
- Created the SEHA HealthSystem sub branding together with their logos and individual marketing plans that took the formerly independent unaffiliated hospitals and clinics to a brand identity known as the SEHA Health System, the largest integrated healthcare provider in the Middle East with 12 hospitals, 60 clinics, 2 blood banks
- Conceptualized, wrote and published all of SEHA’s operational and annual reports (see http://www.seha.ae/seha/en/Pages/Home.aspx#l) including the 2009 Report which won Best Annual Report in MENA at the Dubai International Printing Awards
- Co-created, produced and directed the SEHA Annual Circle of Excellence Awards recognizing operational leadership in management excellence within the SEHA business entities which has now grown into SEHA’s largest media event
- Jobclick(jobclick.com) 2005 – 2006
- Established the marketing plans and advertising campaigns for this high tech start-up; developed all sales collateral and managed client relationships that produced $450,000 of sales within the first seven months of full operation
- Administered all HR activity for the corporate entity including ER, Recruiting, Benefits, Comp, HRIS and OD
- Created and marketed an international nurse recruiting initiative for the corporation called “The Right Road to America” that reduced planned expenditures by $3 million per year.
- Conceptualized and developed a Spanish/American educational partnership with UniversitatInternacional de Catalunya and Centro Medico Teknon in Spain to train bilingual nurses for Tenet domestic hospitals.
- Created a recruitment branding strategy for Tenet that led to a savings $10 million annually.
- Served as the architect of Tenet’s web-based job board still in use today teamtenet.com
- Conceptualized, marketed and implemented a company-wide, tax-advantaged employee benevolent fund that helped dozens of employees weather personal mishaps and tragedies.
$400M financial services organization specializing in the development, marketing and sales of tax-advantaged savings programs. Holden Group employed 700 people in 16 StatesDirector, Marketing Support Services (1989-1991)
- Directed the development of the company’s first comprehensive five-year business plan that le d the strategic realignment of the company’s largest sales division and an increase of 40% in sales across all divisions.
- Developed a startup employment and employee relations function that reduced direct cost-per-hire from $5,600 to $1,900 in two years and contributed to a turnover reduction from 46% to 10% over four years.
- Multiple accomplishments that propelled me from recruiter to vice president in six years including
- Developed a novel PPO in SE Asia that created a new revenue stream for our facilities in the region
- Converted a personnel support function in London from a cost center to profit in three years by reducing overhead by 35% and increasing production from 400 to 700 hires.
- Negotiated a manpower supply agreement with a major Swedish government body that reduced exposure on project non-compliance penalties on a major management contract by $1.4 million
- Managed 6 offices around the world that supplied more than 5,000 healthcare professionals to hospitals